• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Nautilus needed (for research)

kmkocot

Hatchling
Registered
Hi all,

I am in desperate need of a specimen of Nautilus (any species will do) like NOW for my research. Long story short an opportunity has arose and if I want to jump on it I need to get the animal now. Does anyone know of a source where they can be ordered from (and are currently in stock)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I'm sure someone will chime in with answers to your question soon (don't have my finger on the pulse of Nautilus availability, sorry), but in the meantime, it might help to hear a little more about where you're located and what kind of research you're envisioning (and at what level of study)? Nautilus have fairly specific tank requirements, but I'll let those who have kept/worked with them provide more info.

Hi Kevin, Did you try contacting Jenny Basil at Brooklyn College? I spoke with her after you emailed Roger and he forwarded your request to me. She has frozen tissue, certainly, and some tissue fixed in PFA, I think. Let me know if what she has is no good for you.
Good Luck.
Robyn.

new kid...

im new to this site, how do i post questions for other people to see? im interested in buying my first pet octopus this summer, any suggestions on which species would be best to purchase?

Hi all! Sorry I missed some of your replies. Thanks for your help! I had some sent from a colleague in Germany that arrived in good condition. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back