• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Nautiloid Chert Lenses

Pr0teusUnbound

GPO
Registered
whenever i hunt through breaker rocks from the Detroit River Group/ Silica Shale formation i find these formations called "lenses". theyre supposed to be abiotic chert infills but im almost positive that some of them are nautiloid fossils.

ive got a couple dozen more of these. ask nicely and ill post them8-)

Attachments

Pr0teusUnbound

GPO
Registered
okey dokey

this is the rock that my supposed ammonoid came from

here are some other interesting ones

ive been meaning to upload the whole set as a gallery or post a link to my Detroit River Group Gallery on deviant art but i wasnt sure if the forum had limits for that sort of thing.

Attachments

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
As long as links are relevant to your topic (i.e. not spam or sales) you are free to (encouraged) post them. We do our best to be a ceph reference site so prohibiting links would not make sense toward that goal. To post a link, copy the link to your clip board, type a title for the topic (like: My Detroit River Group Gallery ), highlight the typed topic words, click the world with a chain icon and then paste the link into the pop-up (you may need to allow pop-ups for the site and have to click the icon a second time is they are initially turned off).

Members online