Nancy Offline Until Thursday Night

Thanks, everyone (don't leave until tomorrow morning).
I'm going to Galveston on the Texas Gulf coast.
And I'm going to be seeing some squid, cuttlefish and octopuses, too.
(visiting the NRCC again).

See you soon,
Nancy

No Fair!!!!! Oooooh, Ooooooh Take me!!! I wasn't abel to get to the TX coast this year, But I guess the trip to Alaska made up for it. I bet you will be bringing back some octo food with you. Are there native TX octos? I don't seem to recall.

Ddarko

Thanks, y'all. I'm back and I had a wonderful time. Found some beautiful goose barnacles on the beach, will be perfect for my tank. And we had a wonderful time!

Yes, there are Texas octopuses: O. vulgaris, O. joubini(a pygmy), O. burryi and more. You don't hear much about Texas octopuses, partially because Texans will barely admit that they have a coast.

Nancy

Congrats!!!! sounds like a great trip! any pics to make the rest of us jealous???? :biggrin2:

Here are a few to give you the flavor of the place, far removed from the Texas plains.

The East Beach is more than a mile wide, at the end of the island and is where large groups go to party. Popular for Spring Break, but pretty well deserted this time of year. Fishing is good off all the jetties and the water quality is quite good.

These are landscape (seascape) photos, which I'm partial to taking. Will post some more on another forum in a day or two.

Nancy

download.php

download.php

download.php

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back