• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Nancy off line for some days

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi all,
I'm having some serious knee surgery on Tuesday, so after Monday I'll be out for 5 days or more. Back as soon as possible! Then I'll catch up on all the updates to our list of octos and who's keeping cuttles.

Nancy

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Whoa! Hope you are doing o.k. ! Keep us posted...maybe this will keep you off of your feet long enough to do some more silver work??? Seriously, best wishes from both of us,
Shanlyn and Greg

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
Nancy said:
Hi all,
I'm having some serious knee surgery on Tuesday, so after Monday I'll be out for 5 days or more. Back as soon as possible! Then I'll catch up on all the updates to our list of octos and who's keeping cuttles.

Nancy
youch! sounds like a good time to break in some icons I hope Tony will bless into smilies:

hope it goes well!

Attachments

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Good luck Nancy! We're here.

(Monty, oops, tending to those smilies now... thanks!)

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Best wishes for a speedy, and as painfree as possible, recovery. Getting older is a real *#!#@ isn't it? I'm assuming the replacement thing...but even if it isn't, knees are tough. Be well soon.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Thanks everyone.

Yes, it's total knee replacement, which is pretty common these days.

Looking forward to getting this over with and having a new knee.

Nancy

William Tyson

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
best wishes and hope for a full recovery, if you need anything aquarium wise il give you my cell # in case of tank emergencies as we only live like 15 min apart.

Illithid

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
My Dad had that done. Said it sucked right after, and to take your pain pill before physical therapy.

Now his "bionic" knee (as we call it) is much better than his remaining original one, and he didnt have a problem with the other one!

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Fingers crossed indeed!

Ouch! Post # 666....

Armstrong

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Good luck with the knee surgery. My grandmother had knee surgery on both knees a few years ago. It's going to take a while to recover depending on what type of surgery, but im sure you already know. But at least it wont stop you from coming on here so I hope to hear back from you soon.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Everyone, we have an update on Nancy from her husband:

Nancy's knee-replacement operation went very well (it was completed noon yesterday), but she is still in the hospital recovery unit. I saw her soon after the operation yesterday, and she was fine, except for being somewhat incoherent because of the drugs. She asked for a computer, presumably to do work for Tonmo, but the hospital said no.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
I'm glad everything went well! Looking forward to having you back among the tentacled throng soon!

Members online

No members online now.