Mythos Minis

Graeme said:
Phil, that's exactly what went through my mind when I first saw the miniatures, 'specially the Gug!!

Oh, and Toren, that's a VERY nice Cthulhu! You're in Darkest of hte Hillside Thickets, eh? What kind of music do you play? Is it metal? Most bands that borrow from the Mythos are Death or Black metal, like Nile, or Yog Sothoth (only listened to Nile really), oh and the occasional 'Tallica song. Think I said somewhere else that I was spaeking to a guy who likes the Misfits nad we were thinking of putting together a HPL-themed band (or at least do some themed songs) just to get out and gigging a bit round the local circuit, I spose. By the wya, that's a wicked-sick Gug cossie! Fantastic!

Graeme

Why do you force me to hijack this thread? Oh wait, I guess I brought it up. We are definitely not death metal. Though we are heavy rock/punk pop/alterna-grunge/whatever. You can listen to several songs here: http://www.thickets.net/content/blogsection/9/38/ (I recommend The Math Song and 20 Minutes of Oxygen for an introductory listen)

That photo doesn't really show the split forearms that well, but they're there. I try for authenticity in my Lovecraft monster costumes. There's a few more here

Specifically: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/toren_atkinson/detail?.dir=851e&.dnm=daef.jpg

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/toren_atkinson/detail?.dir=851e&.dnm=3cf9.jpg&.src=ph

However, of all my costumes my giant space fluke is clearly my favourite
CLICK TO SEE GIANT SPACE FLUKE!

Those are some pretty mental get-ups! You guys really do have to come to Scotland some time!! By the way, I appologise for the seriously bad typing. I need a new keyboard as that one's totally on the blink! I'm at uni now, and so I can actualyl type and make sense for the time being! :lol:

Graeme

That was a funny story! Has Neil Gaiman not contributed to the Mythos?

Here's the Yithian beastie I'm doing just now. The new project, as it were.

yithpaint1.jpg
it's a bit bright, because of the flash, it's more like:
yithpaint2.jpg
but it's not a great photo.

Oh, and just to put a face to the forumer! Here's me painting! I know I look a bit rough, it's because I've developed a cold, and my eyes are tired (I've also got an annoying cough, but that's a different matter!)
paininyith.jpg

Graeme

NO WAY Toren!!! I must have that thing! How much does it retail at? I played a bit of Mageknight and Wizkids' Mechwarrior game, and, along with one of my mates (who's a massive historical ship fan) got into their Pirats of the Spanish Maine game; it would be cool if they released a Kraken or giant squid miniature for that game.

Graeme

Graeme said:
NO WAY Toren!!! I must have that thing! How much does it retail at? I played a bit of Mageknight and Wizkids' Mechwarrior game, and, along with one of my mates (who's a massive historical ship fan) got into their Pirats of the Spanish Maine game; it would be cool if they released a Kraken or giant squid miniature for that game.

Graeme

It's not released yet, and I hear it may be released only as an "exclusive", meaning you have to get it at a convention or possibly directly through their website? Don't get your hopes too high! Luckily I am the head of the Vancouver Gaming Guild and we put on 3-4 gaming cons a year so hopefully I'll at least be able to see it "in the flesh"

.... excuse me while I go and sit in a darkened room and cry... :cry:
They wouldn't go and do something nasty like that would they? Only make it an exclusive!?

Graeme

Graeme said:
.... excuse me while I go and sit in a darkened room and cry... :cry:
They wouldn't go and do something nasty like that would they? Only make it an exclusive!?

Graeme

Even worse they could make it an exclusive and then when you've blown the rent money on it they could change their minds. (happened to me with magic cards)

That is quite nasty! I've seen some in this shop here that go for between £5 and £10, and probably more. I wouldn't spen that much money on a card... even if it IS Undescovered Paradise, possibly one of the most useful M:TG cards ever!

Graeme

Graeme said:
That is quite nasty! I've seen some in this shop here that go for between £5 and £10, and probably more. I wouldn't spen that much money on a card... even if it IS Undescovered Paradise, possibly one of the most useful M:TG cards ever!

Graeme

black lotus+ channel +fireball = one round kill. I hated it when they banned channel from tourneys. hey any mythos based cards cropped up in M:TG? I quit playing about 4 years ago when the local card shop closed. black lotus used to sell for around $150 US.

$150!? That's like £75-£100. For a card, that's pretty bad. OK, makes £5 sound totally paltry now.

Anyways, as an update to the Yith mini- I have finished it, and taken a load of piccies. I'll get it loaded up here either this afternoon or tomorrow sometime. I'm kinda pleased with it, but as usual, there's a couple things I'd liked to have done better; like if I had some real pearlescent paint for the "trunk"/cone; as it stands i just had to drybrush a whole host of random colours onto it. The nippers are nice though:biggrin2: Apart from that, it's OK I guess.

Graeme

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back