Mythos Minis

Graeme

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Does anyone collect miniatures, be it RPG or Wargames? If you do you'll maybe be familiar with te RAFM lead Cthulhu Mythos miniatures. I paint up some in my spare time, used to be an avid wargamer, but not having much time these days (I did buy me a snazzy Gundam Kit last week though! THat was fun to build). Anyhoo, here's some I painted earlier- anyone else paint? Post 'em! BTW, a few need re-touched, and varnished.

elderthng.jpg
An Elder Being, or Elder Thing from At the Mountains Of Madness, my fave short!! Probably my most cherished mini!

shoggoth1.jpg
A shoggoth, also from the same story. THis is actually 2 shoggie models, I just sat them together to make an even bigger, badder beastie! One's varnished, the other aint.

ghoul2.jpg
One of Pickman's ghouls! :bugout:

Graeme

More!

Gug1.jpg
A gug; very weird looking, and BIG! From Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath, another good story, if you like meandering "epics" that twist and turn everywhere, very dreamlike, and very "dark fantasy"!

DSCF0636.jpg
the Great Cthulhu, Himself. This is a BIIIIG, hefty model. I can't even call it a miniature! Entered it in the painting compo at last year's local wargames/modelling convention (one of the best in Scotland!), but never won. Ach well. I was expecting that anyway looking at some of hte entries, but this woman who enters those plastic pre-painted jacobite statues you find in tacky souvineer shops won YET AGAIN!! AND she got second or third prize as well! Bit of a farce like, but it's still a good day!

Appologies if these pics are too big, I'll post smaller ones if need be.
Graeme

Oh me! Me! I have some of those minis! I have the gug and the shoggoth and others. I painted the gug blue to match my gug costume (http://www.thickets.net/content/view/51/46/ just over halfway down in between the two insects).

There is actually a newer Cthulhu mini (not quite as big) that I like a lot better than the RAFM one (not that it's to sneeze at). It's called "eldritch demon" by Reaper minis.

Exellent Graeme. Those Gug and the Shoggoth beasties reminds me of something out of John Carpenter's The Thing. You just need a moulten husky head or two in there.

Graeme said:
A shoggoth, also from the same story. THis is actually 2 shoggie models, I just sat them together to make an even bigger, badder beastie! One's varnished, the other aint.Graeme

Good use of varnish to make the monster look slimey. Even on the prepainted D&D minis I sometimes hit them with the glossy spray to give them a wet sheen look.

cthulhu77 said:
Kind of bummed here. My great god sure has a small wanker.

Greg, you of all people should know that it's not the size of the, uh, monster that matters, but the unspeakable eldritch horror in it.

:indiffer:

um... said:
Sweeeeeeeeet. No more?

I'm working on it. I'll have to repaint some of them. I've got more tme on my hands now, hopefully, so I'll have to get back into painting.

cthulhu77 said:
Kind of bummed here. My great god sure has a small wanker.

You use wanker for THAT!? it's a bit more... err... explicit over here. Means he who partakes in the hand-shanty... I suppose it's like how you guys in the States use the word fanny to describe yer bum whereas over here it's again, a bit rude:wink: :oops:
ahem... what did I wanna say? Oh yeah. That's not his "winkie", it's just a bot of... well... Blod I suppose. Remember he isn't flesh and blood and so he's gonna be breaking up, oozing about and reforming all over hte place, and I think that's just what that is.... or a rather nasty hernia! :goofysca: ouch!

Graeme

Phil said:
Exellent Graeme. Those Gug and the Shoggoth beasties reminds me of something out of John Carpenter's The Thing. You just need a moulten husky head or two in there.

Phil, that's exactly what went through my mind when I first saw the miniatures, 'specially the Gug!!

Oh, and Toren, that's a VERY nice Cthulhu! You're in Darkest of hte Hillside Thickets, eh? What kind of music do you play? Is it metal? Most bands that borrow from the Mythos are Death or Black metal, like Nile, or Yog Sothoth (only listened to Nile really), oh and the occasional 'Tallica song. Think I said somewhere else that I was spaeking to a guy who likes the Misfits nad we were thinking of putting together a HPL-themed band (or at least do some themed songs) just to get out and gigging a bit round the local circuit, I spose. By the wya, that's a wicked-sick Gug cossie! Fantastic!

Graeme

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back