• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Mysid food

asid61

GPO
Registered
Can you feed mysid shrimp cyclop-eeze, or does it have to be baby brine?
Hatching seems like a chore. :yuck:

You can use powdered up flake food. But keeping the water clean will be harder. You can also use frozen brine and mysid as food for them. I do all three.

Mike Bauer;176918 said:
You can use powdered up flake food. But keeping the water clean will be harder. You can also use frozen brine and mysid as food for them. I do all three.

How do you know which they are eating?

The mysis in my tank will eat: Flake, dead hermit, other mysis... anything really. They mysis I have in a bucket by themselves will eat other mysis(not suggested as it fowls the water quickly), and hatched brine.

I would really suggest the freshly hatched brine. Its not that hard. Gallon jug, airstone, 1.015 salinity(what I keep my mysis at as well), and then I seperate these out into two mason jars... Feed a little bakers yeast and they are good.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back