My Tiny Octo

yep they are cool!

they will also learn to come out at feeding time or follow the octopus about waiting for scraps of food. it was a red star i had that always had one of its arms in constant touch with the octo so it knew when food was coming!

dbbga said:
No, he has not taken to anything but the side of a rock. He is fiesty and owns this tank :? He even inked me the other day when i was doing tank maint. he really didnt want me in there :roll: He is eating frozen Brine shrimp out of a airline tube connected to a syringe, so far, so good.
He also has his tent. working in harmony now :roll: and roams the tank, all over everything and when he comes to something new he changes colors and puffs up, really cute :biggrin2:

That's sooo cute. I can't wait to get MY octopus.
I wonder if octopuses remain shy for a LONG time until they get used to you. I guess it all depends. Octopuses must have different personailities just like humans, some are more curious, others are more shy.

as long as they are treated in a gentle way when small and get used tohuman interactions over a period of time, especially feeding time, all bimacs should be fine :smile:

I have to add my 2 cents here...

I would not add a green brittle or serpent star into any thank with a small Octopus. They are voracious hunters and if they can trap the Octopus, they will devour it.

My suggestion would be a red brittle, a red serpent, or an ordinary serpent.

But please be aware thet the green might hunt down a small Octopus. I have seen them eat anomies 5 times their body size as well as clown fish, shrimp, and many other smaller marine life.

Good point Paul,

they are a very voracious invert but from experience the octopuses do seem to be able to out-wrestle them... Must be having three extra arms is the advantage? :smile:

I did get the Red brittle and Collin, your right :biggrin2: , this is a way cool star. 8) just amazing :notworth: Jam is doing nicely, now the brittle star comes out and feeds from the same tube that Jam does,,,,,,WAY COOL, now if I can only get rid of some of the thousands of bristle worms that are in the tank I will be set :roll:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back