My tank for near dead fish.

flounders and all other flat fishes eat worms(live, live shrimps, and gobies and any other live fish that live on the bottom they prefer live stuff over dead stuff i fed mine live shrimps and every now and then a goby(expensive food though) and sometimes worms if i went down to the beach i would catch them. flatfishes take time to accept frozen/dead food so be patient and try some white shrimp from www.liveaquaria.com or just plain ghost shrimp(white shrimp are better since they live in saltwater. also watch that trigger and puffer as tey do pick at flatfishes and rays(even though they are completely different) and that also might be why it is not feeding.

Hey CW

stunning flounder/sole! and don't feel too bad about the loss (hard I know) of the silver/yellow fish, it had terrible scale damage, It's pretty hard to bring fish back from that sort of injury without intensive nursing.

Way to go on the scuba thon........how much did you raise?

J

the zebra flatfish is dead amd the puffer died too. :cry:

added 2 triggers though amd a presumed damselfish.
the stonefish is somewhat amused since it swallowed a freshwater fish I got from my friend's tank. It seems to like it though.

P.S; Added a mose's sole and grouper in there, didn't survive the night desipte the hard work of the poeple in ER.

Names
Trigger 1: Floaty --DEAD
Trigger 2: Spotty --DEAD
Trigger 3: Triggy --DEAD
Stonefish: Stan --DEAD
Flatfish 1: Ghost --DEAD
Flatfish 2: Wraith --DEAD
Red fish: Munchy --DEAD
Damsel : Goldie --DEAD

you really need to get a water test done and stop addinf all thoses fish to you tank IT HAS ENOUGH fish in it if a puffer died it might have released a toxin that could have killed everything in there SO WATCH EVERYTHING CLOSEYLY and dont add anymore fish you have way to many and get a water test done

nope, the puffer dies weeks ago. Nothing happens muich in my tank although I might of a single tube worm living on the rocky um...rocks. :biggrin2: Anyway, I plan to take the 2 flatfish off intensive care and put them back to sea, see?

raised 150 HK for scuba-thon. 7.9 HK = 1 US. :wink:

but I can't ! They don't sell these kits in HK and sending my water samples to the local aquarium will cause my funds to go to 0 and that includes getting my money from mom in advance for 3 months!

So the point of this tank is short term care for fish you rescue from the fish market? And you'll eventually return them to the ocean?

Do you have any filtration or do you rely only on water changes? And are you using ocean saltwater - are you lucky enough to live very near the ocean?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to get a better picture of what you're doing.

By the way, keep up the scuba diving! It's a wonderful opportunity to learn a lot about the ocean and its inhabitants.

Nancy

So the point of this tank is short term care for fish you rescue from the fish market? And you'll eventually return them to the ocean?
Yes, but I might keep some fish that are too small to be worthy of releasing. ( Too easy to become prey)

Do you have any filtration or do you rely only on water changes? And are you using ocean saltwater - are you lucky enough to live very near the ocean?
I have a Bio-wheel for filtration and I live so close to the ocean that I can smell it and see jellyfish on a sunny day.

By the way, keep up the scuba diving! It's a wonderful opportunity to learn a lot about the ocean and its inhabitants.
You bet.

Arghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friends thought that putting a shark in my tank would be fun, so he put a small shark in and now I can't get it out becuase it it to aggresive!

Help!

hey I would fix up that tank if I were you even if the fish arnt there for there life what I would do is emty the tank until there is about a half an inch of water there pour your tank empty of all things exept shark and little water into into a plastic trash bag bring him back to the sea wala can you send me a picture

clownfish said:
hey I would fix up that tank if I were you even if the fish arnt there for there life what I would do is emty the tank until there is about a half an inch of water there pour your tank empty of all things exept shark and little water into into a plastic trash bag bring him back to the sea wala can you send me a picture

fix what tank?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back