My squid toy photos

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
#3
ooooooooooooooh I love them! Are they for sale???? And if so are you going to CIAC??? cos I'd love to buy one! (I'll be at CIAC with Aussie $$$)

J
 

krin

GPO
Supporter
#5
My toy squids

Jean said:
ooooooooooooooh I love them! Are they for sale???? And if so are you going to CIAC??? cos I'd love to buy one!

J
Confusion...what's CIAC???

They are made of felt, about 18 inches long, all hand sewn,I charge about $25 in the local currency plus postage. I'm in Australia, down in Melbourne. I'm a bit behind in making these so if you order it might take a little while to get to you and not before Christmas! but you can choose your colour though.

KRin
 

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
#6
krin said:
Confusion...what's CIAC???

They are made of felt, about 18 inches long, all hand sewn,I charge about $25 in the local currency plus postage. I'm in Australia, down in Melbourne. I'm a bit behind in making these so if you order it might take a little while to get to you and not before Christmas! but you can choose your colour though.

KRin

Cephalopod International Advisory Symposium tis in Hobart this year!

I'll maybe order one when I get back then.

J
 

monty

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Supporter
#7
the actual CIAC stands for Cephalopod International Advisory Council, in case you were wondering why it's not CIAS. I mention this mostly because it always brought to my mind a vision of our benevolent cephalopod overlords seated around a conference table debating what to suggest to the foolish human leaders to resolve their differences...
 

erich orser

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
#8
monty said:
the actual CIAC stands for Cephalopod International Advisory Council, in case you were wondering why it's not CIAS. I mention this mostly because it always brought to my mind a vision of our benevolent cephalopod overlords seated around a conference table debating what to suggest to the foolish human leaders to resolve their differences...
Benevolent?
 

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
#10
monty said:
the actual CIAC stands for Cephalopod International Advisory Council, in case you were wondering why it's not CIAS. I mention this mostly because it always brought to my mind a vision of our benevolent cephalopod overlords seated around a conference table debating what to suggest to the foolish human leaders to resolve their differences...
oops missed out the "C" part :oops:

J
 

monty

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Supporter
#11
erich orser said:
Benevolent?
Well, purely from a free association on the wording standpoint, an "advisory council" doesn't sound so much like a pantheon of elder gods who have no more interest in our well-being than we do for rats...
 

Fujisawas Sake

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Registered
#12
Cute baby photo! Somewhere on one of these boards I have a photo of my stuffed cephs wrestling my son a year ago.

Who said our coming cephalopod overlords (which I, for one, welcome :notworth: ) are benevolent?

Mmmm... rats... *drools* ... Tastes like small mammals....
 

krin

GPO
Supporter
#15
Squid Conference

Jean said:
One who's a ceph enthusiast would be welcome!!!!!

J
I checked out the conference website the other day and couldn't even afford to go for the day! Sigh.

I do intend to look into going to Tasmania in March to get away from the STUPID Commonwealth Games here in Melbourne. Maybe I'll just wave at passing squid on the way over...

KRin
 

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
#16
krin said:
I checked out the conference website the other day and couldn't even afford to go for the day! Sigh.

I do intend to look into going to Tasmania in March to get away from the STUPID Commonwealth Games here in Melbourne. Maybe I'll just wave at passing squid on the way over...

KRin
I TOTALLY recommend going to the Salamanca Market on Saturdays in Hobart! Great atmosphere, great bargains to be had and one of the cafes does yummy sourdough bread!

J
 

main_board

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
#17
Jean said:
I TOTALLY recommend going to the Salamanca Market on Saturdays in Hobart! Great atmosphere, great bargains to be had and one of the cafes does yummy sourdough bread!
Really? I'll have to remember that for February. Markets are always really cool places. They really give you a feel for the locals and the community.

Cheers!
 

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
#18
main_board said:
Really? I'll have to remember that for February. Markets are always really cool places. They really give you a feel for the locals and the community.

Cheers!
OOOh Yeah ! I'll be there!!...........unless I'm somewhere else of course :grin:

J
 

Castor

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
#20
I'd love to have one. I'm in Mississippi, if you PM me I'll give you the details. And just in case, I'd like a green one with red arms :D
Pretty please with a sea scorpion on top :D
 

Members online

No members online now.