My octo lives out of the water!

So that would be a species that likes warmer water. Raise your temperature to 76, then later try 78 degrees.

Where he is would be very humid, so he wouldn't dry out, especially if he takes a dip now and again. I guess for him it might be like moving between tidepools.

However, have your water parameters checked by someone else with different test kits.

Nancy

I'd say it's the temp, if he went in right after the new water went in the tank, then got back out after a while, it may have been because he liked that temperature water, but when the temperature changed, he got back out
just my two cents

Does he interact with you at all when you clean the tank? If you offer him food by hand does he eat it at the surface as well? I have no ideas, just curious.

I would love to follow your story in the Journals and Photos section. What is it's name, how long have you had it and how much of that time has it been doing this? You have a very entertaining friend, I'm selfish and would love to hear more!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back