• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

my octo keeps blowing these little white things out of it's den?

so she could be laying eggs?!?!?!?! the only bad thing is she's a hummelincki so they lay small eggs. is there any chance even a few of her babies will survive? and if there is a chance what is the best way to keep the babies alive if i can't see them.

unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to raise the small-egged babies, we've never had any success by hobby-level folks, and even the people who are at professional institutions like universities, public aquariums, and research labs only rarely are successful. I'm not saying not to try, but plan to be disappointed if you do... and if you manage to make it work out, please let us know and encourage us!

There haven't been too many hummelinckis around TONMO until very recently, so any information on them is helpful, even if the babies don't make it. But because we don't know, maybe hummelincki paralarvae are more survivable than other small-egged octos... there's a lot we don't know!

but how can i give them the best chance to survive? should i just leave the tank the way it is? or should i change stuff? any information on any small egg species will be greatly appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back