• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

my octo died today........

fishkid6692

Wonderpus
Registered
my octo hasn't looked good for the last week and i sort of new the end was near. she came out last night and had really bad corkscrew and was twitching a lot. she could barely move it seemed like. i could really tell she was struggling. i got really attached to her. i woke up this morning and she had died in the night. i will miss her.:cry:

Sorry to hear that FishKid.

You didn't have your octopus very long, and it might be old age, but you need to test the water thoroughly and make sure all the parameters were OK. You need to do this in case you want to get another octopus.

Nancy

i tested my water a few hours before he died and ammonia was 0 nitrite was 0 nitrate was 5 ph was 8.2

i want to get another octo but i want to wait until i have my 75g ready and then i will get a briareus. but i want to wait until i can get one from someone that knows it's not at the end of it's life. does anyone know where i can get a young briareus?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back