• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

My M. Pfefferi adventure

Fieroguy19

Hatchling
Registered
So where do I start? One of my local LFS will typically post what they are going to get in ahead of time. This particular LFS likes to order rare and unusual things but I was surprised when M. Pfefferi showed up on the list since I knew that they were very rare. :bugout: The LFS gets in direct shipments from overseas. The shipment came in on Wednesday and so I went over there last night to see if they made it in safe from the shipping. Both of them looked pretty healthy and I was able to work out a deal where I traded SPS frags for one of them. :biggrin2: The mantle legnth on both were about 1.25inch or 3.17cm so they may not be full adults yet. I have read all of the articles posted on the site but if there is any other info that would help me out that would be great.

This will not be my first experience with a cuttle. Back in 2009 one of the LFS brought in some S. bandensis eggs and I was able to raise some of the hatchlings all the way through adults.

So the cuttle is now residing in my frag tank which is connected to my 90gal SPS tank and sump. I was able to get it to eat a shrimp before I went to bed so that is a good sign. The LFS had not fed them at all yet and they were in shipping for 24hours. I tried to inform the LFS on how much food they need and what to feed.

Nice. A bunch of them just came into the states. Reports indicate that a bunch of them were typical and didn't last long, but some see to be making it. Feed them a lot! :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back