My fossil-hunting- and museum-trip to Holzmaden

Yes, the museum is really great, yet I have to say that it´s a comparably small museum. But it´s really worth to visit, especially when you also search for fossils at the nearby stone pits, and there is also a really nice countryside. As I sculpt models and reconstructions of extinct animals (including cephalopods) myself, this models were especially interesting. In the case of the belemnites the work of the artist which made them is really amazing, and I would really love to see the different steps in which they were produced.

Yes they are both very nice museums. It seems all the little museums in Europe are nice, the two museums I went to last month in France were just as nice and like the two you went to are devoted to nearby rock pits or quarries and to the cephalopods (and some of the other marine life:sly:) found in them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back