• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

My first baby bandensis, one of many I hope.

corpusse;140159 said:
Okay. I'm fairly certain one actually did eat 2 shore shrimp yesterday, and am completely certain they did eat 1 each. One actually attacked one vs reluctantly eating it. Maybe they are starting to make progress. Considering they are about a month and a half old they should be around the stage where they start eating a ton and growing a ton.

Awsome! :smile:

They're still eating about the same, and growing slowly. To be honest I would have thought by now they'd start a growth spirt but as long as they continue to make slow progress I won't complain.

What I've been doing is placing the shrimp in the freezer for 1-2 mins to "stun" them so they have an easier time hunting them. If they get away or don't seem interested right away they usually come back to life so I can either watch them stalk and finally eat them, or remove them if it looks like they aren't going to eat.

corpusse;140412 said:
They're still eating about the same, and growing slowly. To be honest I would have thought by now they'd start a growth spirt but as long as they continue to make slow progress I won't complain.

What I've been doing is placing the shrimp in the freezer for 1-2 mins to "stun" them so they have an easier time hunting them. If they get away or don't seem interested right away they usually come back to life so I can either watch them stalk and finally eat them, or remove them if it looks like they aren't going to eat.

cool are you feeding them shore shrimp

mcmusashi5;140413 said:
cool are you feeding them shore shrimp

Shore shrimp.

So saturday I'm going to have to leave the cuttles for 3 days. I will feed them right before I go, and then have someone put in one live and one frozen sunday and then maybe one more of each monday morning. I don't like leaving them but someone else will be here to drop food in, although they won't be willing to do much more.

They're in the refugium of my reef so water quality or temp won't be an issue. just going to be hard not to look at them for almost 3 full days.

Both my boys (i hope ones a girl) ate again just now. Unfrozen this time. I'm going to put 2 more shore shrimp in tomorrow and have someone put 2 more in sunday assuming the other 2 are gone. I'll be back late monday night to feed again.

They have gained a bit of size so they should be fine food wise.

Auto top off is filled up, temp controller is hooked up to 2 fans, and calcium and alkalinity on dosing pumps. Not that cuttles care about that but I always worry about leaving my reef even for a day.

octopi88;140714 said:
Don't worry bro I'm sure they'll be fine

They actually look a lot bigger then when I left.

Just put another shore shrimp in and one inked and one devoured it.

I'll put another in one the other guy calms down.

not the best pics but so you know I do still have em :smile:

IMGP6791.JPG

with a shore shrimp in mouth

IMGP6792.JPG

thanks.

Most of my pictures I use a pentax k100d with a 100mm macro lens at 2.8

I also use a canon rebel I just have the stock lens, but the pentax camera was partially destroyed by salt water a few years ago so it doesn't always work :smile:

My guys are getting big, soon big enough to put in the main tank I think. I don't want to lose them so theyre still in the net for now. Getting bigger. The 2 of them do have different personalities. One is really afraid of me and the other doesn't have an opinion. The one inks like crazy when I drop a shrimp in. The other is calm and just waits for the shrimp to get get close and devours them.

They both eat about 2 shrimp a day now. I feed them up to 3 times a day but they are usually not interested in the last feeding.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back