• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

MY FILTER!!!!

If you don't want a sump I would suggest a canister filter and a hang on protein skimmer.
This is a link to the site you posted with canister filters.

Petco: Pet Supplies, Pet Food, & Pet Products

It is generally assumed to get filtration and skimmer rated at x3 the volume of the tank size. This is because of the bioload of a ceph being much higher than the same weight in fish. Depending on the size of the tank-I would suggest some live rock (properly cured), a canister filter and a hangon skimmer would do nicely. Be sure to add large foam blocks to make sure thier arms don't get caught in the intakes, and duct tape for any openings. After the tank matures for three months you should be good.

CPR wet dry with skimmer looked like the best filter in the wold I was close to buying but saw a few bad reviews and it kind of pushed me away.But the product looks solid and they even have a support forum! Your best bet is to buy a kit that way you have little fuss. either way Im a DIY person so i just built my sump. Its not as cool but I saved 150 bucks

The marineland stuff is mostly junk, IMO. I had their overflow (they call it a skimmer) and no longer use it. I have not sold it because participating in someone else's use of it would be immoral.

Dan

CPR wet/dry

I have the cpr cy192 on my 33 gallon and its awesome. The only thing wrong is the skimmers powerhead is a bit loud, but that can be changed easily. A very good thing about it is that it is very small for a filter rated at 100 gallons. CPR SYS192 is what I bought, comes with everything needed, pricey though, for some plastic and a couple motors.

Jay said:
I have the cpr cy192 on my 33 gallon and its awesome. The only thing wrong is the skimmers powerhead is a bit loud, but that can be changed easily. A very good thing about it is that it is very small for a filter rated at 100 gallons. CPR SYS192 is what I bought, comes with everything needed, pricey though, for some plastic and a couple motors.
Good to know. What did you keep with this filter? Cephs?

Thanks,
Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back