my dream tank

H. lunulata

O. bimaculoides
Registered
is this adequate for a nautilus. i plan on buying a 4oo gal tank and the top of the line chiller from the aquarium design group and using it for some nautiluses. i heard they are easy just as long as a few care issues are taken care of. is this true and also how long will a nautilus live and how many can i put in a tank this size if i dont do nautilus the i most likely will do GPOs either way would be very interesting.

cthulhu77

Titanites
Supporter
We set up a tank for a local museum a number of years ago for Nautilii (nautilusses?) and it was around that size...400 or so gallons, with a nice chiller and a rainbow-lifeguard system...they lived for about 9 months, and were a good draw for the public...they don't have the same appeal as an octo, though, in my opinion.
greg

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
9 months doesn't seem long for a Nautilus. I was under the impression they were long lived??????

Opinions anyone?

J

erich orser

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
If Greg set this up in AZ, the spicy food probably did them in. Habanero + living fossil= fatal acid reflex nautilus. Or it could have been the tequila shots. Although, I've heard dosidicus like fish tacos!

Erich

H. lunulata

O. bimaculoides
Registered
well i have figured the price range(i will get another custom built tank from aquarium design group) the price range i am looking for on the tank alone is like 10-13000 and the animal is like 4-500$ so i am looking at spendin 14000$ on the whole setup which is a little ridiculous but hey the animal is worth it to me

Members online

No members online now.