[Cuttlefish]: My Bandensis, Sugarbear, Clyde, Skelator, & Patricia

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you getting your ghost shrimp? Is it possible that they are being treated with something that is making the cuttles sick? I'm guessing that SugarBear is a male - usually it's male/male aggression...

Squirlntus

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
Ya. I think Sugarbear is a male. I dont see the same colors or postures coming from Sugar, but im sure Clyde wouldnt have attacked had Sugarbear been female. Unless that was his wacky idea of a matimg attempt. Im not sure.
The ghost shrimp I get from a fish store. Or from the wholesaler. I know ghost shrimp are not what they would normally eat so I was worried about nutritional value, but it seems that research suggests that it is fine for them. I considered the possibility that they might be medicated, but I know the wholesaler doesnt medicate their shrimp systems. It seems that Sugarbear, Skelator and Patricia are doing fine and eating well So im relieved, just wish I knew what happened.

Tomh

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
Hi what do you feed for ghost shrimp, I just got a pair of Flamboyant cuttles and i was told to fatten up ghost shrimp with vitamin enriched foods then feed to cuttles. Sorry for your loss. Tom

Tomh

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
Ok good, i am was thinking of soaking pellets with something like Vitachem and feeding it to them like i do with my fish.

Squirlntus

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
Thats a good idea, then I would know for sure they are getting proper nutrition.
I know they need a lot of fatty acids that they would normally get from shrimp. Thats why I chose the Omega One. It is very rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. And its the only fish food I have found that has has fish and seafood as its primary ingredients, instead of wheat and soy.

Squirlntus

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody had any problems with your cuttlefish suddenly not wanting to eat? First it was Clyde, then Patricia, I lost both of them. Now Skelator doesnt want to eat either. Sugarbear is still eating well, but im super worried and not sure what to do!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Going4broke2018

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak