my baby octopus is dying please help.

Davinci

Cuttlefish
Registered
Just a minute ago my baby octopus fell off of his den with its tentacles all curled up. I do not know what to do.

In fact i though it was dead a long time ago since I have not seen any of my snails disappear for while. So I think that this octo has not been eating for a while.

PLease help.

Is the small container in the large tank? It will need more oxygen than a small tank can provide.

Sadly, this does not sound good. Can you provide pictures, estimated size and how long you have had it in the tank. You can try offering a piece of frozen shrimp or a crab, snails are often not taken or are too hard for small ones to extract. If you can find hermits large enough to removed from the shell, I have had good luck using them on young octopuses.

You may need to check you water parameters. Are you sure you have a young animal and not a midget/dwarf species? If the latter it may simply be old age, however, the symptoms suggest a water problem. Sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back