My A. Aculeatus

redddogg69

Cuttlefish
Registered
Im new to ceph's but have been reefing for ten years. I picked up this beauty at one of the LFS in my area. He/she is in a 24x24x18 cube, with a sump and refugium, I use a vertex IN 80 skimmer as well. Total water volume is about 75 gallons. Here are two vids of it (first is at LFS before I bought it, second is at home)

I can't get the .mp4 to play but that might be my *&$!* version of quick time (I get a tiny screen with lots of pink, blue and green dots)

The YouTube link goes to something totally foreign to cephs.

That will do nicely, thank you. If you use the filmstrip icon in the editor and paste the URL for videos in the pop-up box, it will allow direct viewing :biggrin2: for most video hosting sites.

So it's been about two months since I got my aculeatus. He is doing fine. I'm feeding live gut loaded feeder fish right now, feeding one fish every three to four days ( tried more frequent feelings but they go untouched). He is still rather shy and runs to hide if you get too close to the glass. He does come out with lights on and " dances " around the glass (I will post a video soon of this). He will ink sometimes when startled too.

So yesterday my Aculeatus started to act and look strange. I thought maybe one of the tentacles looked funny and he acted uncharacteristically (kind of drifted in the flow of the tank while attached to the glass), today he was very gray and looked like his skin was starting to peel (all water parameters are fine). He finally died today at about 6pm. Not sure if it was of natural causes or something else. I look forward to my next little critter but will wait for the right one.

Sadly the life span is short and, especially with this species, we seem to get them quite near the end. This is not likely cooincidental but probably because they are out more to mate or prepare for brooding and are easier to catch.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back