• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

my 105gal tank

cthulhu77 said:
What? You're giving up at only 4:33 ????? I mean REALLY! :lol:
:roflmao:

I would love to see the face of your landlord when they say, "you have a what?"!!!

I can't get tank raised cyanea here. I feel really luck to get a captive Bimac as is!!! :biggrin2: It does make the difference even!!

My wife finally got used to the sound of rushing water all around. Luckily we have more than one restroom. Strange the tricks noise plays on you. I think you are safe with the hum of machines! Even if it sounds like a modern day Brazil adaptation!

cthulhu77 said:
What? You're giving up at only 4:33 ????? I mean REALLY! :lol:
sounds like you are all set...keep on sending pics!

:lol:
:grad: I figured I would have to wait less if I posted at night, when it's evening for you guys :biggrin2: ( yes, that's an excuse to say I was impatient to show you my tank & shoot my questions :oops: :smile: )

I would love to see the face of your landlord when they say, "you have a what?"!!!

I'm having a lot of fun just talking about it already.... imagine the geek subculture found in an ITsec company!! All of a sudden I've got 60+ people constantly checking up on my progress and bugging me to get pics, and when they can come and check the monster out :biggrin2:

I can't get tank raised cyanea here. I feel really luck to get a captive Bimac as is!!! :biggrin2: It does make the difference even!!

Well, I can't get any of them tank raised over here, and getting a cyanea might be more difficult than I thought. I talked to dragonfish who's also from BE and he told me the octo I'll be able to get in my LFS will most likely be o. vulgaris :shock:
Arms up to 1m... ouch.... that really is too big.
Oh well, backup plan is going to London and hunting down every LFS and check out all of their octo's - if they have any :wink:
And otherwise I'll import a bimac from octopets ( don't ask me how :roll: )

My wife finally got used to the sound of rushing water all around. Luckily we have more than one restroom. Strange the tricks noise plays on you. I think you are safe with the hum of machines! Even if it sounds like a modern day Brazil adaptation

Never thought of that aspect before :lol:
If only the machines hummed... one of them sounds like an F-15/F-16 getting ready for take-off and the firewall..well let's just say that I can"t put it on the floor or it would blow dust around in the entire room :wink:
Never have to use the heating in the bedroom though :notworth:

Good luck to you on getting an octo.

Strange how over here octos seem pretty easy to aquire and cuttles for you guys are alot easier!

I hope the tank is not in the room with all those machines :bonk: :lol:

neptune said:

Strange how over here octos seem pretty easy to aquire and cuttles for you guys are alot easier!

yeah, is a kind of weird set up isn't it??? can't decide what's better LOL

Colin said:
neptune said:

yeah, is a kind of weird set up isn't it??? can't decide what's better LOL

thanks all for the encouragements!! I'll soon update you with the pics of the tank as it gets started :wink:

And no, the tank is in the living room, while my bed is in the server room :wink: ( as it is that's a more accurate description that saying the machines are in the bedroom :roflmao: )

GF,
I will definitely be waiting for those pics, and ask away if any questions come up in the process! :biggrin2:

Colin,
:lol: you are so right it is a hard choice! I would take it either way, but if we could somehow cut through the red tape of international shipping, and more importantly the dilemmas of stress for the cephs.
Man wouldn't that be a dream!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

neptune said:
GF,
I will definitely be waiting for those pics, and ask away if any questions come up in the process! :biggrin2:

Colin,
:lol: you are so right it is a hard choice! I would take it either way, but if we could somehow cut through the red tape of international shipping, and more importantly the dilemmas of stress for the cephs.
Man wouldn't that be a dream!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Thanks Neptune! :notworth: I WILL take you up on that offer
:twisted: :lol:

Shipping should not be soo bad, it can be done overnight. The alternative is getting an octo that's been captured and taking away from it's natural habitat, and I don't want to imagine the circumstances in which it gets captured :frown:

Let's all hope Jim from octopets finds a good solution! :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back