• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Mr. Squiggles - A.aculeatus

Try giving him a small chunk of shrimp using a feeding stick. Just reach in with the shrimp on a stick and lightly touch/tickle on the arms or better yet the suckers if you can see them.

How big is squiggles?

Hmmm, I would make sure there are a few extra feeder crabs / shrimp in the tank and let it play out. He may just still be adjusting to his new surroundings. A few members have used cyclop-eeze when they had octopuses that were brooding and having trouble eating, but I have no experience using it.

Can I twist your arm to start a journal on Mr. Squiggles? An intro on acclimation, any photos you may have taken and where he came from is a nice start and keeping his/her domestic history is helpful for your own memory as well as noting the experience for others.

Alternately, I can move your ID thread to journals and combine with this thread to get it started.

You can do that. Just a little note i think i had the water to cool for him... (my fault) He got up moving around again just hasnt ate yet. Will give him time. Added a live small crawfish without its claws.

sick0004.gif

Sorry to hear about Mr. Squiggles. It takes a while to figure out the best time of year to get different octos so that you can try and get them while they still have time left. Keep trying, more practice yields more success!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back