• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Minor tank problems

tlasz24

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hey, I've got a quick, rather insignificant question about my octopus tank.
I recently went out and bought about five feet of 4" diameter PVC pipe for my octopus tank, and cut off two 20 cm lengths to put in the water. Unfortunately, I neglected to realize that PVC pipe does, in fact, float. For now I have the pipes loosely grounded in the water by the weight of my substrate, but is there a more permentent way to fasten these bad boys?

Also, for light, I'm just using a reading-type lamp with a thirty watt bulb aimed right in the middle of the front of the tank. Is there a better way to do this?

If you haven't already, you should find a local fish store (LFS) that carries salt water supplies. They should be able to help you find lighting and any other supplies you might need. They also can help you with questions of how to set up your tank. They will (most likely) be less knowledgable about ceph keeping, but that's what Tonmo's for!!! If you can find a local place instead of a chain fish store, you will be better off.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back