• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Minimum tank size for Cuttlefish

rjd0521

Cuttlefish
Registered
What is the minimum recommended size for a Cuttlefish?

Thinking about pulling the old 15g tall from the garage and set it up but I don't know if it is big enough.

Can I get away with the 15g if I start from eggs. My wife will make me sleep on the couch if I was to buy another tank.

Also, what is the best aquascape for a cuttlefish? lot of rockwork or more of an open space?

Start checking Craigslist for tanks. I wouldn't recommend smaller than a 29 gallon. They grow fast - mine went into a 55 gallon when they were 5 months old. So, if you have to cycle a bigger tank, you had better start at the same time you get the eggs.

if your going to hatch eggs then youll need a tank to keep mysids in to feed them, i'd use the 15 for mysids and get a bigger tank for the cuttles.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back