MiniCons: Gainesville, GA - Kooah's Hatchlings

D, it's so awesome that you did this! I'm glad to se so many women, too! At the recent MMC (Midwest Marine Conference) the men speakers all mentioned the "WAF," which stands for "Wife Acceptance Factor" in the hobby. I was so confused, because I think we've got a really balanced mix where it comes to ceph keeping!

sedna;156891 said:
D, it's so awesome that you did this! I'm glad to se so many women, too! At the recent MMC (Midwest Marine Conference) the men speakers all mentioned the "WAF," which stands for "Wife Acceptance Factor" in the hobby. I was so confused, because I think we've got a really balanced mix where it comes to ceph keeping!

I agree about the balance... I have a friend though and she thinks Octos are icky lol. She actually told me she thinks they are gross??? Who thinks octos are GROSS? I was completely baffled. But what can you do? Other than of course... when she comes into town, showing her how non icky they are. lol

As I mentioned, ceph enthusiasts are ... special:wink:. It is not often you will see a collection of people that do things like study long dead squid, nautilus or spend several years underwater observing octopuses and their in situ mating and locomotion habits. The fact that we (TONO) have such a collection and that they are all PHD's is in itself very cool. The fact that they are women accentuates the old line, "You've come a long way baby".

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back