MiniCon: Gainesville, GA - DWhatley LMecher

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I stole Linda and Mark from their family (they made a planned stop at his brother's house in the Atlanta area on their return from FL) for most of the day on Friday. They decided not to brave the driveway with the car (most people don't) but successfully made the treck down on foot. Happily, they extended their time with us long enough for Pizza and, most importantly for Cassy to make a brief appearance. :biggrin2:

Attachments

• conv_304254.jpg
    conv_304254.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 149
  • conv_304255.jpg
    conv_304255.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 132
It was wonderful to meet you and Neal! We are ever so grateful for your hospitality. We had a great time and I was overjoyed to see Cassy :biggrin2:
When we got back Carter (brother-in-law) and Debbie were in bed. Saturday morning there was no coffee, very odd as they are very early risers. (I made some) We got a call around 9:00 am. Carter was in the hospital with appendicitis. Even doctors get sick. He had surgery at 3:00 pm. We spent some time visiting him with the family. Not an ideal last day to our vacation but I am happy to report he is mending and feeling much better. We expect to see them soon, they still plan to visit us in chicago.
Thanks again :smile:

The photos do not do your drive way justice, it looks nearly flat. You are a very brave woman to drive up and down that mountian.

Oh boy, now I feel really guilty since we haulted the plans for Friday dinner with them and then he was in the hospital the evening you would have gone instead. I hope he gets his energy back quickly, we don't seem to recover like the kids from surgery.

I have never been able (I have tried) to capture the steepness of the drive in a photo :biggrin2: but my little car thinks nothing of it.

Don't feel badly, who'd have guessed things would have turned out this way. He has had some complications and is still in the hospital. It is looking as if they may not be paying us a visit after all. Getting old...I am fighting it every step of the way.

Getting old...I am fighting it every step of the way.
I've lost the battle and am losing the war. :old:

I was worried about additional issues, they always seem to happen when appendix go bad after about 40. At 17 it was not a big deal (except my fencing instructor - PE in college, not recreational - could not understand why I needed to withdraw from the fencing class :roll:). Two other friends and my dad had attack much later and down time was way longer, infection seeming to be part of the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back