Mini-Tonmocon in Galveston

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm here in Galveston for a few days, where I met Greg (gjbarord) again (we were both at Tonmocon II).

Greg gave Bill and myself a great tour of the Quarantine Facilities at Moody Gardens. This will be the future home of the NRCC. Very impressive place with huge tanks where Greg sometimes wrestles sharks (to give them their antibiotics, when needed.)

Nancy

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Nancy;104979 said:
I'm here in Galveston for a few days, where I met Greg (gjbarord) again (we were both at Tonmocon II).

Greg gave Bill and myself a great tour of the Quarantine Facilities at Moody Gardens. This will be the future home of the NRCC. Very impressive place with huge tanks where Greg sometimes wrestles sharks (to give them their antibiotics, when needed.)

Nancy
Y'know, I just took one look at Greg and said "boy, I bet that guy wrestles sharks." :wink:

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
Reaction score
monty;104983 said:
Y'know, I just took one look at Greg and said "boy, I bet that guy wrestles sharks." :wink:
:roflmao::roflmao: Greg is the real reason squids can't be kept in captivity.

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
Hope to see some pics soon... cant beleive thats 5 years since i ws there!!!

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Reaction score
That is very true Melissa. The first time that we had an Architeuthis here at Moody I got a little bit too rough with it and, well, you know...:biggrin2:

After that the decision was made that giant squid can no longer be kept in captivity. I guess I will just have to make do with 2 m sharks. :sleeping:

Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zbkarges

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards