• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Mimic Octopus ...

Teacher Kim

GPO
Registered
Just saw a Mimic Octopus for sale at Seaside Tropical Fish in Southern California. Info. said price was $350 and size was about 8 inches. (What ever that means!) It looked like it was still available as of this morning. There was a note saying it was a restricted species also. I have ordered from them in past and recieved good service, but never an octopus. Thought I'd post just in case it was helpful to someone.

i think the "restricted species" is probably just a term the petstore uses to designate that it's exempt from any gaurante that they might offer on other animals

It's a lot of money for an animal we don't know how to properly care for and is very likely to die before any warranty they might normally give. Until we can successfully raise small egg species, it is likely best to leave the animals in disappearing habitats alone. When there is enough knowledge on other small egg species to see success, then it might even be wise to put efforts forward towards keeping them. At the present time, even large egg species are a major challenge with little success.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back