miliions of q's

Phil said:
Yo Steve, bro in da mantle hood. I fink its gr8 that u like dissin da text-talk. I fink that them people like dem townies & chavs who dunno prpr Eng lingo r morks or merchant bankers, yo know what I mean? As Gaz & Trish wer saying to me, da state of da educashun of kids is minging, dey dunno prpr English if it bit dem on the krunk.

Dats de word on the street, my main man.

Yours Lord Queequeg of Pequod.

Plain English Campaign

Goobledeegook! SAl go sho back a! Yippe kie Yay!

I had no idea what I said but that sounds the samne to me as the post abve some poeple might understand it but I don't

Phil said:
Yo Steve, bro in da mantle hood. I fink its gr8 that u like dissin da text-talk. I fink that them people like dem townies & chavs who dunno prpr Eng lingo r morks or merchant bankers, yo know what I mean? As Gaz & Trish wer saying to me, da state of da educashun of kids is minging, dey dunno prpr English if it bit dem on the krunk.

Dats de word on the street, my main man.

Yours Lord Queequeg of Pequod.

Plain English Campaign

Word

All I can say here is "Yo!". I actually know some LA gangsta rappers, and you'll be happy to know, one of them is now teaching English Literature to 8th-Graders and is thought-of as a stern disciplinarian.
If only his students knew about his former career in "Kill Whitey", whose material they would have loved, they'd think differently. For the future of the intelligensia of America, I'm glad they don't. This stuff was vile and foul, and written when they were high school students, but it was so brilliantly despicable, people still want to hear them perform at private parties many years later.

Brilliant AND disgusting. And they've moved-on. Now, they're obsessed with tiki-bars and whether their students graduate. Thank God somebody in LA still cares about their students, because in less than three decades, we've gone from being the nation's best to being in the bottom three.

Incidentally, I still despise text-messagin language. Speak your native language correctly, for Pete's sake!

Hear, hear ! Yeah, the teacher's of today have a lot to overcome...neat that here and there, some good ones still shine out.

I was happy with Herr Doktor's reply, usually those ridiculous messages are just ignored...can't abide them, I !!!

Although English ani'nt my first language, I still don't like the text talk since it makes you lazy, I mean what's the problem with poeple today?! Are they too lazy to type on the computer's keyboard, heck no! It's just what other poeple do, poeple have a tendency to follow what other poeple do, just like ducks. So they 'Quack' to themselves but annoy the other worthy poeple are not lazy. :shock: ( WHAT DID I JUST SAY?)

I do believe that we've frightened poor studentrocky off ... and that was not my intention. I'l drop a pm through and try and lure them back.

chrono_war01 said:
Although English ani'nt my first language, I still don't like the text talk since it makes you lazy, I mean what's the problem with poeple today?! Are they too lazy to type on the computer's keyboard, heck no! It's just what other poeple do, poeple have a tendency to follow what other poeple do, just like ducks. So they 'Quack' to themselves but annoy the other worthy poeple are not lazy. :shock: ( WHAT DID I JUST SAY?)
Word.
Dude, you really must come visit us at the earliest opportunity... as i said before you'll fit right in :biggrin2:

TPOTH

chrono_war01 said:
Sure, if I get free waffles :lol:

And what's with the 'free waffles thing'? :confused:

News update:
Ceph and waffles unite to bring the huumanity?

Only if you remember to bring jelly donuts to Master O.
Little known fact:
Dr O'Shea knows only three food groups: coffee, smoke and jelly donuts.
(surely we should get a jelly donut icon.... :biggrin2: )

TPOTH

Phil said:
I fink that them people like dem townies & chavs who dunno prpr Eng...

...Yours Lord Queequeg of Pequod.

LOL - Unfortunately, Phil, I don't think New Zealand has (or at least recognizes its undescribed) chavs yet (I only know about them from recently visiting your fine olde lande). Interesting side-fact though, Queequeg was apparently based on a Maori crewman Melville once met on a whaling ship. :read:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back