Mid-life octopus crisis!

Dresden220

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
Tired of living in the desert & being a slave to the system. Ready to chase my lifelong dream of living in the Pacific Northwest and working with octopuses. Advice?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Seattle Aquarium is your destination! Believe we have some contacts... let's see if anyone jumps in here, otherwise PM me in a week or so if serious and I'll see if we can make a connection.

Dresden220

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I'm stuck in Texas for another year, maybe two. I'd like to spend that time preparing for a job as an aquarist or something of that nature and making connections in the field and the area in which I hope to land.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
cool! you've got some time then :smile: -- @sedna may have some contacts when you're ready, and I can go into some email archives when the time comes. @Dresden220, you should study the Puget Sound area and see all that Seattle and its aquarium has to offer. Keep us posted and good luck!

Dresden220

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
cool! you've got some time then :smile: -- @sedna may have some contacts when you're ready, and I can go into some email archives when the time comes. @Dresden220, you should study the Puget Sound area and see all that Seattle and its aquarium has to offer. Keep us posted and good luck!
I'm already starting to feel much better about making such a big move. Thank you for that. My good friend lives in Port Orchard so my daughter and I are planning to visit her early next year. Maybe by then we will have made some connections.

Dresden220

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
Is it even possible for a person like me with a college education in sociology, psychology, and ADRS to obtain a position with hands-on access to octopuses?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Candace Harrett

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards