• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Metasepia (Pfefferi/Tullbergi) information

Hello to all. I know someone who has attained some Metasepia Spp. and needs information about them. One of the females just laid a bunch of eggs and we can't find any information on breeding or raising them. He's asked me to try and find out any information I could. Any help about general husbandry and/or breeding/raising Metasepia Spp. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry I'm just not a techinical person. I thought it must have been a typo at first. Does anyone esle have any information on Metasepia Spp? Any information pertaining to these animals would help. Thank you.

There is very little info. Treat them like bandensis, but feed them a ton and hope. I understand your friend works at a public aquarium - would you please put us in contact?

Your PM said they were from Japan, so they are M. Tullbergi. :biggrin2:

Yes I've tried to locate information on them months ago, but was not very successful. I know there are two seperate species in the Metasepia family, the Pfefferi and Tullbergi. Other then where they are located geographically I can't find any information that would help to identify the species. From what I've learned via online refernces, the animals look EXACTLY the same. But like I said and like you noted, information is far and in between. Being a dwarf species, does Metasepia (like S. Bandensis) lay multiple times throughout their life span?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back