Mesonychoteuthis vs. elephant seal

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
I have been bitten by an adult female sea lion, luckily (or not...) it was on my thigh, which is more padded than my foot... left nice bruise marks though. Typically you wear long pants and rain slickers any time you are in the pen with the animals, the more protection the better... Once when I was 7 months pregnant, I had to scale the pen fence to escape an attacking sea lion. I escaped unscathed :biggrin2: .

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
Well,

Anything to help a poor, sick seal... the rescues were the most fun, it was kind of the thrill of outwitting the wild animal, while the beach-goers yell helpful advice (NOT). Once after finally rescuing a sea lion pup off of a jetty, a beach-goer asked why it took so long (I made three attempts and the animal kept swimming off the jetty, swimming around to the other side and climbing up the rocks. Finally I lunged with my hoop net and caught the little guy as he was diving into the water.), I gritted my teeth and walked away.

But yeah, I guess I do like living dangerously if it is for a purpose...

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
Reaction score
cuttlegirl said:
Well,

Anything to help a poor, sick seal... the rescues were the most fun, it was kind of the thrill of outwitting the wild animal, while the beach-goers yell helpful advice (NOT). Once after finally rescuing a sea lion pup off of a jetty, a beach-goer asked why it took so long (I made three attempts and the animal kept swimming off the jetty, swimming around to the other side and climbing up the rocks. Finally I lunged with my hoop net and caught the little guy as he was diving into the water.), I gritted my teeth and walked away.

But yeah, I guess I do like living dangerously if it is for a purpose...
He/She is a MORON/JACK@$$!

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Registered
Reaction score
I did a double take when I read that too, but I'm sure that he meant the guy on the beach. Cephkid wouldn't call you a moron. :smile:

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
Reaction score
sorseress said:
Cephkid wouldn't call you a moron. :smile:
Well, OF COUSE NOT!!!
WHY WOULD I SAY THAT ABOUT CUTTLEGIRL?!:bugout: :bugout: :bugout:

[edit] Why does nobody trust me any more? :cry:

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the main reason I was offended was I said "He/She". You are CLEARLY female due to the name "cuttlegirl", emphasis on GIRL. I suppose you can't be blamed though, since I DID quote your ENTIRE message...

Anywho, just how big IS a seal "pup"? Small- for for a seal, anyway- I would guess, but how small is "small", in this case?

P.S., warning to anyone reading this: as I have just recently been set free from school, and am unsure of how I feel about it (probably shock/"blown happy-fuse" from an overload of joy), so I may tend to overreact...:biggrin2:

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
Reaction score
Cephkid said:
P.S., warning to anyone reading this: as I have just recently been set free from school, and am unsure of how I feel about it (probably shock/"blown happy-fuse" from an overload of joy), so I may tend to overreact...:biggrin2:
Okay, I'll admit it: I'm all toungue-in-cheek on this one.:wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PortiaMCcollom

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards