Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni from 1981

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
By the English definition, underwriters are in the corporate insurance business. If you'd like to insure my interpretation, by all means do.:wink:

Clem

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
...tomorrow! - I got everything I needed throughout this week (right up to yesterday morning) in terms of permissions, accompanying stories, clarifications, etc. Just need to organize and share. Watch this space!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Clem you are going to be somewhat annoyed with me. I forgot that Dr. Remselo kindly asked me to review the content before posting it. I need to do some more work and have sent him a follow-up for some additional information as well. However I can leave you with this:

1) He sent me photos and details about Antarctic toothfish that were clearly damaged by M. hamiltoni. I've asked for some further detail from the studies he conducted to learn more about facts surrounding the toothfish (their depth, size, etc.)

2) He sent me some impressive photos of colossal squid tentacles replete with its eviscerating swivel hooks

3) Photo of said tentacles found in stomach of toothfish

4) Photo of sucker rings

5) one or two additional photos of the colossal squid itself

To whet your appetite attached is a photo of "Marat Yukuchev with tentacles" - copyright Alexander Remselo. This photo was taken 2011-2012 during the voyage around Antarctic on board the S. Korean longliner Hong Jin #701.

Attachments

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Not annoyed at all, Tony, sounds like you're doing everything right (and doing right by Remeslo).

1. Cool.
2. Very cool.
3. Wait, what?
4. Cool.
5. Yes.

Looking forward to all of it.

Clem

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Sorry guys, triaging site problems... I've got a bunch of info I absolutely will share in coordination with Alex... we've waited 30 years, what's a few more weeks? :smile: :rolleyes:

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
You can have my fingernails, OB, I'm not using them for anyth--no, hang on, that ain't right.

Members online

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJ8769

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak