• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Mercatoris and joubini

kbarresi

Hatchling
Registered
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an idea where I can get a pygmy species? Specifically, mercatoris or joubini. I live in NYC. I contacted Gulf Specimen and Tom's Caribbean, but neither have any in stock.

Would anyone be willing to ship some to me? I'd love to get my hands on one or two :smile:

We almost never see joubini and it is unclear if Gulf Specimen actually carry them (and if it is joubini or mercatoris). O. mercatoris was common before the last el nino but have been scarce in the three or so years. The best sources have been live rock farmers and watching eBay is your best bet to locate one.

This is the best I can give to you, I'm pretty sure that this octopus is a merc not Abdophus as it's labeled if the picture is what it is.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/a....cfm?c=497+500

Though I'm not sure how old this specimen is...It seems that it may be an adult or even older.

That is just the stock picture they have had for years now. what you get is not whats in the picture.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back