• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

merc for my 15

The barnacles offer a nice choice of condo views so I suspect your new additions will find one suitable :wink:. If you can dig up a few light weight rubble pieces of coral or small shells, place them on the sand near the barnacles for easy access to a selection of doors. Leave the selection available as they seem to like to switch from time to time. Sleazy has stopped using a door completely, even during the day but my other mercs always kept one or two immediately available.

Do I have shells?? I have literally tons. I will dig through the bags and bags we collected on our frequent visits to FL. I will choose a variety of sizes and shapes. I wasn't sure of the exact size barnacles for these guys. I chose this cluster because it had a variety of sizes. They are mostly sidways so light won't shine directly into them as you said. My husband wants to make a false wall on the overflo side that will attach side to side and top to bottom. The top he wants it make it fit into a groove in the cover. I am not convinced this will work. I was leaning towards creating tracks for screening to slide into to cover the slits with the top touching the cover to prevent escapes. We'll see what we end up with. : )

Thats a bit of fuel for my argument against it, thanks. I have a bright fuge light in the back chamber which will not make it attractive to a nocturnal octopus I hope. It will be interesting to see what we end up with, it's always an adventure. : )

CaptFish;150787 said:
I think it looks great! good color, great spots for a den. I'm jealous!

:lol: It's teeny though compared with yours. I have been moving rock and corals for days. I am still getting used to the arrangment, it's growing on me. I absolutely love this tank though. What ever I keep in it does really well.

((Whats going on... whats with the big empty space above the quote??))

Well, I had to open my mouth about Sleazy not using any of her doors :roll:. I tried taking photos of her last night and she decidedly did not like the flash. This AM she not only had a door in the shell but she raised two other door options to within easier reach. Posting photos on her thread shortly.

We finished the cover for the 15 last week, finally got around to taking some photos.

CIMG7233.jpg

CIMG7232.jpg

Little Peanut checking out the new aquascaping. Need to remove the side brackets on the T5"s, sorry, didn't realize how ugly they look.

CIMG7243.jpg

Top looks great. Should you ever decide that having a place to put the lid is a PITA, Tap Plastics has an inexpensive, cut to fit, acrylic and easy to install (with acrylic cement but you could use silicone) type that I love. I may even have a short length of it to donate if you decide to try it.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back