• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

merc for my 15

Lmecher;151213 said:
Us too :biggrin2:

Captfish and Dwhatley~
Glue for what? To glue the plexiglass together or to glue the top to the aquarium?

I was curious about what you used to glue the Plexi to its' self, but if you glued it to the aquarium what did you use there? I did't glue mine down.

I use silicon when i glue plexi...buy it at petstores or home improvement stores. at least you know its aquarium safe

There is an expensive acrylic cement for official acrylic to acrylic attachement. We use a pharmacy acquired needle (biggest bore we can get and embarassing when you puchase but very cheap). It bonds the acrylic rather than glues it and is said (not sure I quite believe it) that the bond is stronger than the acrylic itself. You may find it in a hardware store that sells acrylic sheet but we got ours from Tap Plastics.

Lmecher;151218 said:
:oops: Sorry removed

You didn't have to remove it but where is the repost? You will find lots of fun critters in that thread (as well as the commons we all have) and it is a great thread to bump with a new entry.

Unfortunately, something has gone awry (CaptFish beat you to the thread and broke it :goofysca:). I have mentioned it to Tony so hopefully he can determine the problem and let us see CaptFish's dogs and cats too.

I have not had time but will repost photos of my cats and dog too.
I used regular old crazy glue, (gel) nothing fancy. I didn't glue it down to the aquarium, the opening is too small for cleaning. I have 2 heavy light fixtures sitting on top which I don't thing a little merc could move. My 50 on the other hand, the cover fits so tightly I need to use 2 hands to remove it.

My tank is no longer empty. I am using it to temporarily house 10 mini carpet anemones until I can get my hands on a couple mercs. :bonk:
Not exactly what I was planning but I need to make use of what space I have.

On-line I have seen them for $40-$50ish but, as you said, then there is the shipping. I can only remember one locally (sort of, I have no really local options) and I seem to recall a $65 price tag and in a tank I would worry about what I might be bringing home. Right now, I have no budget for any tank critters but we will see what summer and your next generation brings.

D, I have 5, 4 roses and 1 green. I am leaning towards keeping my 40 as a reef w/my btas. I will give you one.(you would only have to pay for shipping) It would make me very happy knowing it would be well cared for. Think about it, now or later what ever works for you. You are so generous with your time and advice, I'd love to reciprocate.

Tom emailed me he has 2 mercs. He put them up on his website. I tried to order them and it says they weigh 36.5 lbs and shipping is $220. I called he said to choose pick up at airport 0. and he'll add on the shipping later. I tried that and that is only for orders that weigh over 40 lbs. I tried to call him back, no answer. :yelling::yelling::yelling: What am I going to do???
I hope he calls me back soon. I am scared someone else is going to get my otopuses, they're mine, I tell you...mine mine mine.
Tom just called me, his website is messed up, he let me order over the phone, They're mine. I will have them Tuesday. WHOOSH, that was a close one. :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back