[Octopus]: Meet Bubba - O. vulgaris

Option 1) is to simply choose "Upload a File" when posting a reply, and selecting the video. To your point, the user will then only be able to download the raw file and play it locally, vs. being able to stream it inline within the thread. I've uploaded a video of our dogs playing outside last year to demonstrate :smile2: (it can be found at the bottom of this post, under the Option 2 example.... file name is "--).mp4").

Option 2) is to go to the Media tab, and choose the Add Media button in the upper right. For your category, choose Cephalopod Videos, and then select the middle tab titled "Upload a Video". Once uploaded, ANY video may be embedded within a post by copying the BB Code which is displayed in the right margin of the page, and then pasting the text in the forum you are replying in. Example:

Attachments

• --).mp4
    14.1 MB · Views: 132
I feed ONLY the claws so if you are going to feed live you might remove the claw, freeze it and offer it later. Be aware that feeding the whole crab will have an impact on your water so I suggest feeding live on the day you are going to do a water change.

I think I should have Named Bubba Fussy Pants! He won't eat shrimp (I bought from 2 different store), baby squid, clams. I do find the blue crab claws ripped at the joint but I don't know if he ate meat out of the claw. Also, for no reason that I could see, he inked. I am doing all that I can to keep him well and happy. Also, if I even go near his cave he will abandon it and find another crevice. I don't think he is very happy.
Sorry about no video I just have not had the time with my new job. Very busy and stressed.

Sorry for my negligence. Bubba, aka, Fussy Pants may not be all that fussy but just prefers live food. I am running to the Asian market several times a week to get live blue claw crabs and I feed him the whole thing, minus the pincer claw. He charges and envelopes the whole crab and 2 hours later I find the remains in a corner. I can only feed him the crabs on days I am off in order to make sure and get the shell out before going to work so on other days he gets clams. It is hard to keep the clams alive. I put them in a little salt water from the tank and put them in the fridge but they don't last long. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS HOW TO KEEP THEM ALIVE? I tried giving him a shrimp with the shell still on but again found it de-shelled but largely uneaten. I take old shells out but I am careful because, like Casper, he is territorial and comes after me but he does not mind the tube when I clean the tank. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off so I will post some video's. It is on the list of things to do. I promise.

I was wondering about the live food - glad Bubba finally convinced you... as for the clams, unless you are collecting them out of the ocean, they are in sad shape by the time they get to the sea food market...

I actually have pretty good luck with the clams. I place them in a bucket of tank water overnight (that I will change out once if it gets too dirty) and then in an aerated tank at room/tank temperature (usually one or more of my aquariums). Some have lived as long as a year. If you don't have a spare tank, and you have a sump, that should work. They do need to eat but mine have found enough in the sand to survive well. If you can't put them in the sump or another aquarium, you definitely need to add an air pump to their water to keep the oxygen levels high.

As you can see above, I had someone come over and help me with the video. He is growing and does not always like me in the tank but I don't let him get near me. He's too big.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back