Meet Biddle

You're getting enough good photos that you could post on the octo ID forum for Biddle. Interesting that he turns black so easily. Do you still think he's a dwarf?

Nancy

What is Biddle?

Someone posted a link that had the striped leg look of Biddle, but I can't find it. He has really long legs, like a long-legged species. Still can be very skittish at times, but getting increasingly curious. The black look seems to be his norm but I have noticed today, he was watching tv from a side vantage point, and his siphon and suckers were very reddish. THe most recent pic should be titled - Find Biddle.:wink:

wait wait wait wait wait. do you mean you went to buy a live rock and he came with it. SWEET lucky. anyway thats pretty cool, and say hi to biddle for me.

Biddle was purchased as a "Common Brown Octopus" they thought a vulgaris. We think he is of the Bidpedle species, but I'm still not positive which one. He is still very skittish like the dwarfs can be but getting increasingly curious about me. I made the mistake a week ago of flashing him with the camera. Took him more than a week not to run and hide as soon as he saw it in my hands.

This morning he was quite obliging to allow a photo session, as well as a 15 minute game of catch the fingers on the glass. I thought I saw an eye spot directly behind his eyes on the back of his mantle. He reminds me of G2 with his pronounced colorations and spikeyness.

First Close up Pic of Biddle

He must have been hungry this morning because when I came out into the livingroom he was plastered to the front of tank. Took one look at me and darted for cover. But curiosity or hunger got the better of him because when I started tapping my fingers on the glass, he reemerged and came to the front of the tank to check out the camera.

There's quite a bit there in colour and texture shouting vulgaris! isn't there Carol? Does behaviour match up at all by now? Just curious...

Hmmmm....the texture and color changes are amazing but would a vulgaris baby be so skittish? The skittishness reminds me of a dwarf species. And do vulgaris have eyespots? I don't think Biddle does. Wouldn't that be something....a first for me....

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back