May POTM Submissions

See this thread to find out how this works: Picture of the Month (POTM) "Rules and Regulations"

Note: a lot of changes have been made (listed at bottom of article) so you may want to review it again even if you have already.

Topic: Octopuses (Any picture of an octopus, something where the octopus is in clear sight and well defined would be nice... :wink:)
Unlimited Submissions. Submissions MUST BE MADE by May 15, 2009.

All submissions should include:
Picture Title:________________
Camera Used:_______________
Location:___________________ (I think there has been confusion here, it's not where you live, etc. It's what the tank is eg: Sam's cuttlefish tank, or the Portland aquarium octopus tank)
TONMO.com Username:________________

I would appreciate it if all submissions are e-mailed to tonmophotos"AT"gmail"DOT"com in order for me to keep everything organized, however, if you would prefer to post or PM the picture, that's fine too.

View this thread for up and coming topics: Upcoming POTM topics for 2009

I don't believe the unlimited submissions part. I submitted multiples last time based on the same info and at the 11th hour was told 'nevermind' which was kind of frustrating and makes me gun shy about submitting anything again.

Also, April 15th 2009 has passed, so I am not sure how we are supposed to make the deadline.

Lol, sorry, May 15. I copy and pasteand forgot to change that, edit made. And there are unlimited submissions, however I can only post 6 submissions in a poll, as stated in the "rules" thread linked at the top. I don't know if anythoing can be done about that by the powers at be, but I can't. Also, if there are six or more submiters, then no one gets multiple submissions because then one person could dominate the whole poll. For example, if 5 people submit one photo, and one person submits 6 that all surpass the other 5 submissions, then that person dominates the poll and no one else gets a chance... However if one person submits 6 photos and no one else submits, its perfectly fair for that person to dominate the poll. I hope my reasoning makes sense, if not, LMK what/ how I should change this. I'm a person too and am always looking for improvement on this.

IMO

Others may feel differently and I hope they respond as well but since we have a couple of excellent photographers (then there is me :biggrin2:) and I am hoping for a great calendar out of this, I would not be unhappy if the same person was represented multiple times and my submission did not make the monthly cut.

Sue came out around midnight tonight. No photos but she stayed out for better than half an hour so MAYBE I will have a new photo later in the week, otherwise I will submit an old one at the deadline. Hopefully others will do the same.

here a picture...I bought some rocks and i notices i have a new creator. I first thought it was a brittle starfish but it has 5 or 6 arms and are blue and black i beleive is the head, it jiggle like jell and it had little white speks on it. It is so little to see, so i tryed to take a picture and zoom it up. I really want to know what it is. If any one see it and i would like to know what it is. :confused:

And I just got a baby octopus he is soooo cute i put him in a hamster ball and i was spining it slowy and he was moving with the ball. but then he squeezed out and i guest he found his home because he started poking is arms all over the holes of the rock. it was so funny. Also i would like to know what kind is it, it is light brown and it has three black dots on his head. Thanks so much :confused:

coolswimming.jpg

Picture Title:Wunderpus Swimming
Camera Used:biggrin2:70
TONMO.com Username:Thales

If you need a larger version let me know

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back