Mangroves | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Mangroves

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I was thinking of maybe starting to grow my own mangroves since theres a canal behind my house that has brackish water. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying, and if so how much would you pay, not including shipping?

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Simple,
They would definitly be a sump only plant in an octo tank as they are hard to keep in place just in a sump. I have had them in my sumps and they last for a long time even without the proper care (the tops need to be above water and rinsed with fresh water on a regular basis) but they don't really seem to do much for the water and I finally eliminated them. To get a good idea on expected pricing, look on eBay (where I picked up some of mine and could also be a market for you if you think the going price is acceptable).

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards