MACNA XX

Hi, I'm Sedna, new to the forum. I will be at MACNA this fall and can't wait! I know it's a bit Disney Landish, but my husband and I are going to dive with the whales! Still, now I can't help but wonder how we get behind the scenes with their octo! Have you signed up for workshops?

DUH! We are diving with the whale sharks, not the belugas. Seemed like a good start for newly cert. divers. We signed up for the water quality, "McGyver" techniques, fish necropsy and Julian Sprung's workshops. Now I wish I had signed up for the photo one but it's full. Will I meet any of you there?

I don't think everyone is familiar with MACNA, so here's the introduction from their website:

The Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA) is the largest and oldest conference focused on the marine aquarium hobbyist. MACNA XX will take place September 5th-7th 2008 at the Westin Hotel in Atlanta, Ga. Aquarium enthusiasts will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with peers and professionals, and to learn from leading researchers in the fields of aquaculture, marine biology, diving and oceanography. Over thirty presentations on reef-related topics will be featured during the course of the three-day event, including speakers from Scripps Institute of Oceanography, the Smithsonian, National Geographic, the Georgia Aquarium, and the BBC.

Here's a link for more info:

http://www.macnaxx.com/

Nancy

I was going to do some research and post a link but I see Nancy beat me to it! Most of the workshops are now full but I think we are going to try and spend a day on Sunday.

The aquarium dive has been tempting (it is offered at other times as well), the tank is huge. I can't imagine what they would offer behind the scenes for the octo (GPO) but they might include something about her age (I got to see her just after she arrived and then a year later - both visits made me sad but this tank is better than the first one).

Anyone traveling to Atlanta that needs a place to stay (we are about an hour away from down town), I have room.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back