M. pfefferi questions

1- How can I difference it of M. tullbergi?

2- Their magnific coloration means it is a venomous animal like Hapalochlaena lunalata or fasciata?

3- Sice of this animal

4- Have some of you evr look after this specie in a tank?

Hi; can you tell me what genus we are talking about? 'M' doesn't help me that much.
Thanks
Me

Don't go making fun of my brothers and sisters !!!! Of course, how do you think I developed the ability to paralyze people with my gaze?

Why i'm not surprised to listen/reading this kind of things in a octopus forum? Boys, we are incredible freaks!!!!

But, anybody know the answer for some of my question about this marvelus genus? ( metasepiacalifragiliti..... pfeifer, like Michelle... yes is a very bad joke, you can call me now clown fish ( also sarcastic) )

Cheers
Carles:mrgreen:

Oktoputeao said:

Not sure, from what I have heard it is very difficult.

2- Their magnific coloration means it is a venomous animal like Hapalochlaena lunalata or fasciata?

3- Sice of this animal

Males up to 1.5 inches, females up to 4 inches I believe.

I have, but I don't recommend them to anyone but very experienced ceph keepers who will try to breed them as their wild populations appear to be in fast decline.

Octo Oakley has kept a M. pfefferi for a few months now I believe. Haven't heard anything recently from him regarding how its doing or if its still kicking. I believe he got a very young one (either hatched it out of an egg or got small juvenile). Try getting in touch with him, or maybe he'll see this thread and post on it.

Cheers!

Well I think righty pretty much knocked that out accept #2, so i will awnser that, I have no idea! Ha ha I have not yet been bit by airhead so I wouldnt know. But if ya have any questions feel free to ask I have had airhead for almost three months now and I have learned lots so I will try and help from what I know!

Oktoputeao said:

3- Sice of this animal

I think I've heard about these species.

Isn't the mantle size of M. tullbergi (7 cm?) smaller than M. pfefferi (8 cm?)? Also tullbergi is distributed around Japan to Hong Kong, while pfefferi is around Indonesia. O, and I've never had a M. pfefferi in a tank.

Males are smaller 1.5 -2 inches, females up to 4 inches.

There are a couple of people here on TONMO that have kept M pfefferi.

that would be awesome to get a hold of a pair. that would be a species worth making availible if we could breed them in captivity.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back