lovecraft reference spotting

Lovecraft Reference -- Futurama of Course!

Dr. Zoidberg is the funniest and most pathetic character on Futurama. He is definitely based on a Cthulhuoid physical format, though he's red, portly, has lobster claws and a blowhole. He has face tentacles, so there you go!

The episode "Roswell that Ends Well," where the characters traveled back to Earth 1947 in Roswell (due to a malfunctioning microwave oven in the ship's kitchen), was fabulous. Dr. Zoidberg was captured by the U.S. Army and interrogated by President Truman, and Zoidberg accused Truman of hitting on him. Then they performed a live autopsy on Dr. Zoidberg, and he kept cracking jokes the whole time. The doctors were fishing out his stomach contents, and every time they removed a deviled egg and put it in a pan, Zoidberg ate it again. The doctors were irritated.

The computer game "Fallout 3" has a "Dunwich Building" full of ghouls, with a strangely carved obelisk in a cavern underneath and a bit of a Lovecraftesque backstory.

Ethan Suppley (sic?) from "My Name is Earl" was on Chelsea Lately tonight wearing a HP Lovecraft shirt...

There is a new board-based wargame called Monsterpocalypse whereby you basically reinact a Kaiju monster movie; it has a faction blatantly based on Cthulhu. Their name? Lords of Cthul:lol:

Oh and it's a good game too.

Whaddya mean? You didn't learn all that in school ? Of course, I was home-schooled, so it goes without saying.

Where is my patching plaster?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back