• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Love at first sight/Do they hold a grudge?

What's Kang up to recently? I went back and read all the Kang stories - what a character!

Any better idea what species he is?

Nancy

I still have to go with Vulgaris or possibly a Common Caribbean Brown. He just keeps up his shenanigans. He has been pouting for a day or two, as I needed a rock for another tank and pulled it out of his tank. I think hes cataloged them all as he really seemed to miss it. And its not even part of his cave rocks. Other than that, hes an attention hog, and right now I can accomodate that with lots of interaction. I have gotten to the point of sometimes petting him, but its not often. He is always looking to get a better view of me, usually that starts with him going up the tank to the waterline and either raising his eyes over the water line or sitting just below it and doing the usual side glance to see out of one eye. He will follow me wherever I am in the room, moving to the side of the tank that allows him to view me. Its hard to believe I will have to replace him at some point. Hopefully the next ceph I get, when the time comes, will be as engaging, curious and gentle as Kang has been.

It looks like you'll have Kang for some time yet. Maybe he'll decide to come out, sit on the edge of his tank, and say hello, like Ollie did.

You mentioned how gentle Kang is - that's something people don't often think about with respect to octopuses, but they are very gentle, even if they also play a mean tug-of-war game. They're capable of the most gentle touches.

So have fun with Kang and please keep on reporting what he's doing!

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back