• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Looking for detailed info on S. bandensis habitat

jhauris

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hello!
I'm trying to find detailed information on the habitats wild S. bandensis are found in. I've done a lot of searching on the internet, and the best I've come up with is basically "found over reefs or sand" and the geographic distribution maps. Is there a source with better info? Any studies on an area which mentions their presence? I do have access to scholarly journals, but that hasn't been much help either. It appears to me these haven't really been studied much at all. At this point I'm especially interested in any substrate preferences. There are some studies on S. officinalis, would these apply to bandensis as well?

-Jon

I am not aware of any studies on S. bandensis. If you find any let us know.

They come from very different habitats than S. officinalis, so I wouldn't think the info would cross apply.

Not much preference. They do seem to stop digging around in the substrate as they get older. The big male at work likes to wedge himself between two stalks of Sarcophyton.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back