• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Looking for cuttlefish eggs

Has anyone seen any cuttlefish eggs available recently? I've been looking for a couple weeks, but no luck so far.

There doesn't seem to be as many people keeping them on here as a couple years ago either. I'm not sure what that means or if I'm just missing the threads!

Cuttlefish and octopus keeping both seem to be lower this year than in prior years (perhaps even the last two years). I have not attempted journal counts to validate though. I suspect the economy has the greatest impact and primarily because of the cost of shipping animals, food and expendable supplies (particularly salt).

did you get your eggs ok?
i also orderd eggs from ny aquitcs i got mine on tuuesday as well with one hatchling in the bag that didn't make it but no other hatches yet. how are yours doing?

I got mine tuesday as planned. One of the eggs is swollen to the point that I can see a baby cuttle inside but it still has a lot of developement to go through. It's still in the stage of being a white "mass" with eyes and a bump on the front for tentacles and a bump on the back. The rest are no where near as swollen amd I cant see anything inside of them. I'm guessing all the eggs were layed at the same time, so would hatch at the same time, but with only one at this stage of developement, I'm worried it will be the only viable one. How are yours?

I wouldn't assume that all the eggs were laid at the same time... my female laid eggs over a period of months and she chose the same difficult, hard-to-reach place most of the time. Also, if these were wild "caught" eggs, more than one female could have laid on top of the other eggs.

Ok, they were wild. I didnt realize that, but awesome! Hopefully that's a good sign for the remaining eggs. How long does it typically take them to hatch from when they were first layed?

i have 3 eggs that are swolen like that,i can see a cuttle moving inside one of them so i think he's ready to pop out any time now.
i have 6-7 more that are smaller and still all black i'm hoping at laest some of these will be viable becouse i achualy orderd 6 eggs so i'd like to see at least 6 hatchlings.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back