• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

looking for a new octo

daddysquoc

Wonderpus
Registered
does anyone have a tank -bred generation from one of their octos? i know there are some on tonmo who breed their own octos, so if anyone has a group, i'd be interested in buying one of them. theyd be going to a good home. post here if you can help! :smile:

my tank's a 125 gallon, plenty of live rock with caves, parameters all great, and the octo would only have to share with a common green urchin (Echinometra mathaei). the filtration is a 300 gal-rated wet/dry, a big Venturi protein skimmer, and a UV sterilizer.

the tank has housed octos before, and is sealed off from escape. i'm proud to say no chemicals have ever been added to the water, which is all made from RO.

i'd like to get a smaller species, like a bimaculoides or hummelincki, but i'd take any captive bred ones into consideration

Unfortunately Hummelincki is small egged so it is unlikely that you will find any CR/CB in the forseeable future. Bimacs seem to be less popular now that WC warm water animals are available. Joe-Fish had a hatching of Briareus several months ago but I don't know if any of Conanny's young survived as he has not reported in since the move. If any members have young available there will be posts in the octopus availability thread: Octopus Availability

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back