• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

looking for a new octo

daddysquoc

Wonderpus
Registered
does anyone have a tank -bred generation from one of their octos? i know there are some on tonmo who breed their own octos, so if anyone has a group, i'd be interested in buying one of them. theyd be going to a good home. post here if you can help! :smile:

my tank's a 125 gallon, plenty of live rock with caves, parameters all great, and the octo would only have to share with a common green urchin (Echinometra mathaei). the filtration is a 300 gal-rated wet/dry, a big Venturi protein skimmer, and a UV sterilizer.

the tank has housed octos before, and is sealed off from escape. i'm proud to say no chemicals have ever been added to the water, which is all made from RO.

i'd like to get a smaller species, like a bimaculoides or hummelincki, but i'd take any captive bred ones into consideration

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Unfortunately Hummelincki is small egged so it is unlikely that you will find any CR/CB in the forseeable future. Bimacs seem to be less popular now that WC warm water animals are available. Joe-Fish had a hatching of Briareus several months ago but I don't know if any of Conanny's young survived as he has not reported in since the move. If any members have young available there will be posts in the octopus availability thread: http://www.tonmo.com/community/index.php?threads/5571/

Members online

No members online now.