• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

London film maker looking for UK cephalopd keepers

tubefingers

Hatchling
Registered
Hi,

I'm now a London based film maker, previously an overseas underwater videographer with a fascination for cephalopods, and I'm hoping to make contact with UK keepers to interview for a short documentary piece,
I'm planning this as a max 5 min piece on keepers motivations/passion for keeping cephalopods and the care needed to keep them, their behaviours/intelligence,
would love to hear from anyone UK based to discuss this further,

Many thanks,

Luke

Do you need voice over or can you create it with written comments? You could post an open request for a series of questions to the entire forum if you don't need voices and to restrict the interest to the UK. Also, you might consider using Skype if there is no reason to restrict keepers to "your neck of the woods" :wink:

@Cuddlycuttlefish - It's a username for most forums I visit, can't remember how it came about! :smile:
@DWhatly - Ideally I'd love to shoot the interviews with keepers in front of their tanks - I wanted to really focus on the aesthetic quality of cephalopods too, lots of close ups of creatures - which means lugging my cam/lights/mics to interested parties locations, If my budget stretched a bit further I'd come visit the States where I guess the majority of you guys reside

Sadly, you would have to increase your budget drastically. We are scattered all over the US and we are far large than the UK so even with the favorable exchange rate, visiting several keepers would mean a large chunck of change.

Hi Tubefingers

Not sure if you are still looking but we might be able to arrange something in relation to commercial aquarium even if it is so you can get some footage. I'm based near london at an aquarium and we currently have two octopus. Unfortunately in the UK there are few collectors mainly due to the expense and lack of import for home aquaria, the main importer for the country will generally only sell on request to shops so it limits the trade. Let me know if you are interested

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back